Monday – JUNE 17th, 2019 @ 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Veterans safeTALK-Las Vegas VTRC – JUNE 17th, 2019
This half-day safeTALK training helps all members of your community :
* Be able to recognize a person with thoughts of suicide
* Know how to connect them to a person trained in suicide first aid intervention.
safeTALK prepares you to be a suicide alert helper, willing and able to perform an important helping role for persons with thoughts of suicide.
Through a carefully crafted set of helping steps and the use of creative educational processes, it is possible for you to learn how to provide practical help.
CONTACT – RICHARD EGAN – 702-486-8225 to REGISTER.
Expect to be challenged. Expect to have feelings. Expect to be hopeful.
Mission: Connecting people and communities to help and hope – suicide prevention is everyone’s business
The vision of the Nevada Coalition for Suicide Prevention ensures all Nevadans feel hopeful and are connected to the resources they need. In so doing, the coalition hopes that all communities will be free from suicide. This will be done in the following ways:
- Eliminate the taboo/stigma related to suicide and encourage open discussion of suicide
- Promote multiple contacts for help within the community and beyond
- Raise awareness that suicide is preventable and affects everyone
- Involve and engage all Nevadans before there is a crisis, thus building trust and networks of support
- Remind Nevadans that all have a role to play in the prevention of suicide
The Nevada Coalition for Suicide Prevention (NCSP) is a statewide coalition dedicated to suicide prevention efforts and made possible through our members in the mental and physical health professions, business community, survivors, advocates, and other supporters. Our goal is to increase community knowledge and support of suicide prevention through public awareness and education, to help save precious lives.
The Nevada Coalition for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to partnering and collaborating with local and state individuals and organizations for the development and implementation of evidence based suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention strategies and programs in the State of Nevada.
The Nevada Coalition for Suicide Prevention was formed in 2005 by a small group of committed Nevadans whose goal was, and remains, to address the significant problem of suicide in Nevada. From these humble beginnings, NCSP has grown to include public and private representation from across the state, and now offers internationally-recognized training and annual awareness and healing events.